This dish is amazing! The whole family loves it! In fact, when I made this one in the picture, Kady’s friend was over and she had never had a Ratatouille dish before. She “loved it” (her words) and could not stop talking about it. My favorite thing about this dish is how easy it is to make. Plus, it is a super lean meal.
what to do:
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Saute onions in coconut oil until tender and lightly brown
- Place onions in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish
- Overlap tomato, squash and potato on top of the onion
- Drizzle some coconut oil on top and season the top with dulse, thyme and parmesan
- Bake for 30 min covered (with foil)
- Remove foil cover and cook add’l 30 min uncovered
stuff you’ll need:
- coconut oil
- 2 yellow onions – thinly sliced
- 4-6 small tomatoes – sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 5 yellow summer squash – sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (white) – sliced about ¼ inch thick
- thyme (about 2 Tbsp)
- parmesan (about 2 Tbsp)
- dulse (about 1 tsp)
Watching your weight?
This meal is already a lean meal. There really is not much I would change.
Where’s the beef?
You can easily add a side of meat to this dish (any grilled or baked meat of your choice would go great). This is a very flexible.
You may not be able to fit all the sliced veggies into the dish neatly. If you have extra, you can stick them around the edge or save them and use them for a great weekend breakfast.