This will make one full 64 oz. pitcher or four 16 oz. mason jars.
stuff you will need:
- 3 cups water
- 1 scoop protein (try Sunwarrior vanilla or MRM Vanilla Veggie Protein)
- 1 small banana (peeled)
- 1 small orange (peeled)
- 1 small slice of ginger root (about the size of a dime)
- 1 small piece of pineapple (about half the size of a kiwi)
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 10 sprigs parsley
- 10 dandelion greens
- ⅔ cup broccoli
- 1 leaf – red chard
- 1 leaf – collard greens
- 1 leaf – kale
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 cups ice
what to do with the stuff:
- place all stuff in your Vitamix
- turn on (blend until smooth)
- put ice in at the end so it gets cold.
Note: I usually blend the water, fruit, ginger and protein powder first. Then one-by-one I add the remaining ingredients in the order they are listed here. Once all ingredients are in and the ice is blended, I pour into mason jars and stick in the fridge. They remain very fresh for 2-3 days depending on your fridge, etc.
You will have to experiment with the amounts of liquid, ice and produce to get the consistency that you like from your blender.
*optional: You can add tomato, mushroom, turmeric for extra nutritional value & minimal change in taste. And, your smoothie doesn’t have to be these exact ingredients. Feel free to experiment by cutting the fruit in half or changing up the greens, fruits or veggies. It’s fun to experiment.