Those of you that know me, know that I am not a big fan of sugar. Having kids makes it even more tough to completely eliminate. It is spring break at our house and both the girls are home. I have had this recipe that I have been wanting to try out and figured this would be a the perfect time to give it a whirl. The only sugar in this dessert is the natural sugars from the fruit. It probably works out to about 40 grams for the batch and the batch made 5 servings, so that is about 8 grams per serving (which for a treat is something I can support now and then, especially since this treat is coming with some of the natural fiber in the fruit and tofu, which will help your system handle the sugar load). If you find yourself needing a treat, give this one a try.
Stuff you will need:
- 12 oz package organic strawberries (frozen)
- 14 oz package silken tofu (firm)
- 1 tbsp organic orange zest
- 1 1/4 banana (frozen)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 organic strawberries (fresh sliced)
What to do with the stuff:
- Gather your ingredients.
- Drain your tofu (chop into cubes), zest the orange, and measure your vanilla.
- Place all ingredients (except for fresh strawberries into your VitaMixer) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into small bowls and freeze for 20-30 min.
- While freezing, slice your strawberries.
- Top with fresh strawberries and serve.